Well today was the day I was going to see if I could get my cab (the cab is off the body) finished stripped and shoot ZeroRust on the bottom and all the nooks and crannies. I thought that then I could tip it back onto the cab dolly and begin the normal body and paint process.
So I roll the cab out of the garage drag all the tools I will need and begin sanding and grinding and all that good stuff. After a bit, my wife comes outside and says that she got a call from her dad and he needed help fixing his F**d Town car. Apparently someone borrowed it and it ended up in a ditch. The plastic under the bumper was pushed in and distorted, the passenger door was oil caned in. I’m thinking to my self “bummer” This is going to cut into my plans… but OK, tell him to come over.
When he showed up he pulled it into the garage and I first got out my wife’s hair dryer and heated up the plastic piece under the bumper and pushed it back into a reasonable condition.
Then went for the door and after some time I got the door panel off and popped the oil can out of the door. I took some extra time trying to get it as good as I could. It wasn’t perfect but it was much better than before. He was very happy with the results.
So, he leaves and I’m back to what I really want to work on… the Stovebolt!
I’m working for an hour or so and my father-in-law calls back. He needs to sell his F**d F150 and the electric window won’t go up. It goes down fine, but not up.
OK bring it over.
After taking out the window regulator and the motor we find that a plastic gear piece is busted. Why they make these things out of plastic I will never know. Using my trusty rivet gun I get the plastic gear piece fixed good enough so I think it should work.
Back to his truck, put it all back together, of course this takes some time. Nothing goes together as well as it comes apart.
How about that! The window works as good as new.
He is thanking me all over the place and says he owes me a steak dinner, then leaves.
Guess what… by this time it is dark out. I clean up my tools put the cab back on the dolly and roll it back into the garage.
Well, there is always next weekend! Thanks for letting me vent… I knew you all would understand.
I think that Stovebolt people are just nice that way. At least the ones that I have met on the Stovebolt site are. Thanks!
But that may be the reason that we have a hard time getting are projects done. frown


Regards, Kevin
1940 1/2-ton (Uncle Willie\'s truck)

Thanks for the help so far fellow Bolters!