I have a 64 GMC. There should be a pic in the gallery. It will be my daily driver and already runs great so my restoration will be ongoing and relatively minimum as money, time permits. Here is the order in which I was/am going to do things and I wanted to see if people had other ideas as far as the order I should do things and whether there are things that I am forgetting or should forget.

Here's a brief description ot the truck and what I have already done.

Original V-6 Fleetside (Alaskan Camper Orig.)
less than 5000 miles on rebuilt engine
4spd Manual

What I have done...
1. all new belts and hoses
2. rebuilt holley carb
3. put in power brake booster
4. refinished bed (in storage until other stuff finished)

Here is my current gameplan

1. Move gastank from cab to underbed

2. Change out low speed rear for highway friendly ratio (Going to Hooper's in Sunland, California - do you love this place? hate it?)

3. Put in GV Under/Overdrive adapter (seemed like a great way to get more highway friendly while maintaining the integrity of the original motor and transmission)

Note: I live in Southern California and this Overdrive adapter is outside of my ability - anybody recommend a fair priced trustworthy shop with a knack for old trucks?

4. Upgrade to disc brakes (should I do this when I do the rear end?)

5. Soundproof and Upholster interior.

6. Paint and body.

At some poing I would like to upgrade the electrical but I am guessing that it makes more sense to wait until I do a more severe resto.

thanks
jonkehote