Hey Joe
Interesting post re Caravan springs. I made a trailer out of the rear of a five-bolt Caravan rear end (Grand Caravan, I think). The trailer rides well, but I'm leary of more than 1500 lbs in it. I did a top soil run once. Was supposed to get 1/4 yard (probably closer to 1/3-1/2). The springs reversed and bottomed out. Made it home okay, and the springs returned on emptying the trailer. I'm sure someone here has a better estimate of the actual load than I do, and I pulled it!


Current fleet (subject to change w/o notice)
\'49 GMC 3/4-Ton , 60 Austin Healey Frog-eye Sprite (some assembly required), 2011 Dodge Avenger, 2015 Jeep Cherokee. No, they don't all run.
My other ride is a (B737)no, (B767)no, A320.... Update... was Embraer E190, now Boeing B787.

Knowledge is a wonderful thing, but ignorance means you don't know you can't do something.