Originally posted by Bill Gervais:
In my book it's no longer a 46. More like hybrid or kit car status.
Interesting thought. At what point does it become an S-10 with a new/old body vs. a '46 with a new frame/drive train? My personal thoughts are the vins are attached to the body so if you keep the body it remains a '46. This could start a war here on Stovebolt.
Also goes back to the question of what is original/stock. I would like to think that my '46 truck is being done as "stock" but in reality the bed will not be stained black, the wheels will not be blackwalls and the 216 will actually be from a '48. Neither are stock but very very few people have a clue that it was not.
All said & done, do what you want. I'ev heard that an extended cab S-10 will work nicely but I have never seen it.
Even cooler would be to see if you could use one of the new Chevy Colorado's with the inline engine! Now that would be a cool combination of New and old! If money were no obect, I would have one built and use it as a daily driver! It's thinking like this that make me second guess going "stock".
HA!!!!!!!!!
