Joe, Ford wasn't the only one to make the tri-motor. There have been a lot of 3 engine airplane designs. In that configuration of tri-motor airplanes Ford seems to come to mind for most folks. I'm not positive but, I believe Fokker built a tri-motor in that same configuration before Ford did. There was probably more Fokker tri-motors built in this country than Ford Tri-motors. I think it was a Fokker that Byrd used when he headed for the North Pole. I believe it was a Fokker tri-motor that Coach Knute Rockne died in when the wooden wing spar failed in flight due to dry rot. The public out cry from that tradegy spured our law makers to pass laws to inspect commercial airplanes for public safety. As some one said ear plugs would be a good idea if you take a ride. And from what I've read the tri-motors were a lot of work to fly, very much like a BIG old heavy loaded truck. Heavy on the controls, slow to respond, lots of hard labor involved to just take it around the patch. Wish I was there. I would take that ride, if I could get one, for sure. smile Mike