I started my wheels project this week..I bought a couple of rims and found a place to do the sandblasting. I'm left with the two 15 inch rims on the back of the truck and the 4 16s are now in the tire shop.
I picked out tires...I went to my local tire garage instead of the national chain or Sam's Club. Good plan...local guy made a couple of phone calls and made a recommendation. The size I was asking for was on the money. His tire was as cheap or cheaper than the other places. Best part was he had no problem dismounting the tires and giving me the rims back for a month to get the rims blasted and powder coated. He even promised to not scratch the powder coating...The guys at the other places would not have even helped me knowing the tire was the "wrong" application.
Support your good FLAPS and Tire shops...
This portion of the project is pretty spendy....I'll be using up my truck budget in the first 2 weeks of 05. Ouch.