I sold my '89 Silverado last year and had owned it since college. I babied that truck for 10 years. I have been driving a company truck for a few years now and never drove the Silverado but a few miles maybe every other week. The bad GM paint started peeling off, tires went down, etc. I let her go and when the man drove off with it I said what have I done. I love that truck. I always wanted a '63-'66 though and one of my co-workers had just restored his Dad's old '63 SB,Fleetside. He and his wife split and he sold it to me. I came real close a few months back selling it as I needed a work truck not a toy, but every time I looked at it I just couldn't do it. I talked the wife into letting me take it a few steps further and modernize the running works and brakes. She won't admit it but she starting to like it too. She still calls it a death trap. She says she won't ride in it unless I get shoulder belts. Sure the new ones are quieter and have tons of creature comforts but there's nothing like the classic styling and feeling you get from driving a classic Chevy down the road.

Mike