I used VERANDA in my 54-3100, a composite, from Home Depot for my bed floor, as I drive it on the highway on a daily basis, and use it as a "truck".

The cost was 50% that of TREK, the 1" thick product has not sagged, shrunk or split, although I have noticed it can be scratched. I didn't use the bedstrips as I quite hauling milk cans years ago. The 9 planks at 5-1/4" wide, were arranged with +/-1/8 between, with 3-1/2" on each side. Galvanized bolts (bulk/cheap)from Tractor Supply tie it down. The two 3-1/2" side pieces were rabbetted 3/4X 3/16" to slide under the side angle rails.

I placed the wood grained side "up" and can sweep or hose it out. Several folks with traditional wood beds, have commented that it would be nice to have a "waterproof" bed product that didn't need constant maintenance.

If you're a "show truck" guy with a garage/trailer queen, this product probably wouldn't flip your skirt. But if you're a "driver" with no ambition to fill up a trophy shelf....this product may be just the ticket.

I've got a couple pics in my album on page 8.


Webshot "Tips and tricks" and "Shoebox" Photo Albums

EXPERIENCE is the best teacher...but it gives the test first...and the lesson afterwards.

"What this generation tolerates...the next will embrace"