Just two comments. First, the wear strips are very thin and flexible. I just can't see them adding any stiffening to the boards. Plus, since they're not attached to the boards, the boards could just sag even if the strips stayed straight.

Second, on the half tons, there is roughly 2 1/2 to 3 feet between the crossmembers. Just as an experiment, I would get a piece of Trex decking about 6' long and attach it to two joists that are on 30" centers and leave it out in the sun for a while. I still think you will see significant sagging.

I could definitely be wrong, but I personally would not make the investment until I tested the material.


Jeff Nelson

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin
"Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest." - Mark Twain