Worked on the upper clamshell door while waiting for my sandblasted running boards to get back. Not too bad. A few pinholes and part of the original metal was cut off by the door latch. Not sure why it was modified but I put it back on. I will mount the doors to test fit them. Probably not necessary since all is original but I’ll feel better. I also got to the lower door and worked on the back of it most of today with 2 patches at the bottom on one side and a few pinholes on the other side. The front of the other side was bondoed over, when I cleaned it off a patch is needed here too.
Attachments
IMG_6532.jpeg (238.9 KB, 13 downloads)
Cut out at lock area
IMG_6548.jpeg (312.08 KB, 12 downloads)
Repaired lock area
IMG_6545.jpeg (155.81 KB, 11 downloads)
Lower door repair
IMG_6546.jpeg (134.86 KB, 10 downloads)
Lower door repair
IMG_6547.jpeg (133.47 KB, 12 downloads)
Lower door patch


1949 Chevy Carry All
Follow the resto in the Project Journals

1953 Chevy 5-window
"Frame off Restoration"
Follow the resto in the DITY

Beginning to End Slideshow
More images in Flickr
\|/\|/ Dual Ex. \|/\|/Dynamat

Please don't tell my wife how much this thing cost!