Well I decided to document the sheet metal completion with a picture of the burb. Doesn’t look much different from when I brought it home. It definitely is!! Ha ha , a lot of hours. I moved to fixing all the rust on the fenders. I stripped the inside of the first rear fender removing undercoating, paint all the way to metal using a wire brush then lightly ran a DA sander with 120 paper. I am going to coat the insides with rust oleum rusty metal primer then do spray-on bed liner. Been researching running board patches verses replacement. It appears new metal replacements are not available. I only need the passenger side. The drivers side is definitely salvageable. I am checking into to splicing the back half of the truck running board, still checking unless someone has already done it?
Attachments
IMG_6519.jpeg (292.71 KB, 79 downloads)
Sheet metal work done
IMG_6521.jpeg (235.13 KB, 41 downloads)
Rear inside fender in rustoleum
IMG_6522.jpeg (243.6 KB, 43 downloads)

Last edited by Southerntruck; 09/09/2026 7:39 PM. Reason: Added pictures

1949 Chevy Carry All
Follow the resto in the Project Journals

1953 Chevy 5-window
"Frame off Restoration"
Follow the resto in the DITY

Beginning to End Slideshow
More images in Flickr
\|/\|/ Dual Ex. \|/\|/Dynamat

Please don't tell my wife how much this thing cost!