So... this is how I wound up fitting a 2 inch IDIDIT steering column into a 1952 3100:
Too many pictures for 1 post so this update will span a few posts.
Picture 1: the hole in the cab that needs to accommodate the new steering column. The hole spans two planes, the kickboard and the firewall. If we could contain the new steering column to just one plane (the kickboard), then installation would be easier. Such was not the case.
Picture 2: the two products from IDIDIT that I chose for crafting a solution. One product is called Steering Column Ball Swivel Lower Mount. The other product is called Steering Column Band Swivel Lower Mount.
Picture 3: a plate that I made out of 16 gauge steel to completely cover the original hole in the cab.
Picture 4: The outside ring of the swivel ball mount, positioned where I wanted it... as low in the hole as possible, leaving maybe an 8th of an inch between the steering column and the bottom of the cab hole. That ring spans both planes, which just complicates the work a bit.

See next post...
Attachments
IMG_9731.JPG (81.69 KB, 61 downloads)
IMG_9722.JPG (333.71 KB, 62 downloads)
IMG_9730.JPG (94.94 KB, 62 downloads)
IMG_9778.JPG (204.99 KB, 63 downloads)


1952 Chevy 3100