Gdads51, that IDIDIT universal bracket is one of the pieces I am working with. The press fit studs that the bracket comes with are not long enough (they are 3/4 inch) to allow that bracket to be secured to the top edge of the kickboard (just where it transitions to the firewall) with enough clearance side-to-side to fit the outside ring of IDIDIT's ball floor mount (part # 2401600051), so I got 1 1/4 inch press fit studs.
So the current plan is this: Use the universal bracket on the outside of the firewall/kickboard. In between the mounting brackets for that assembly, I hope to fit the outside ring of the swivel ball floor mount, with the boot part on the inside of the cab.
As Hotrod Lincoln has noted, it takes a little bit of sheet metal ingenuity to fill what remains of the original hole that our ADs have for a steering column and shifter. I built such a piece out of 20 gauge. If it works, I will duplicate that in 16 gauge.
All this seems doable as long as securing the steering column is isolated to the kickboard part of the AD hole and not the firewall part (that is, we have a flat surface to mount the swival ball floor mount).
I know pictures would clarify all of this and I will provide such once I get the help to actually mock up the steering column.
In the meantime, I am grateful for the willingness of "youse guys" to help me shape a workable solution.