| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,108 Posts1,056,565 Members48,448 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Dec 2025 Posts: 32 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Dec 2025 Posts: 32 | Thanks Dan, I was curious why my 6400 didn't have a 9 1/2" and if maybe the 7" had the same bolt pattern as the 9 1/2 and someone swapped the smaller one into it. I'll just see how it works I guess and if it seems too weak I'll think about trying a 9 1/2. The nice thing about these is the ease of installation. It's all back together except for the control valve diaphragm. The kit I got had a different one entirely so I sent a picture of it to the store and they said the 347550 came in two types and they had the right diaphragm and could ship it out right away. So just waiting for that now.
Still wondering if I should take apart what is underneath of that control valve diaphragm or call it good. I did take apart all the stuff below that pressure cylinder and replace those parts. Thanks for the help and I'll let you know if I need any more help
1949 Chevy 6400 two ton, 2 speed rear end, 235 engine, 13 foot hydraulic dump bed.
| | |
| |
| |