I'm seeing quite a few different shop manuals online for 1947-54 Chevrolet trucks. Which is the best?
Also, do any of them cover Hydrovac units? I got my rebuild kit and am making good progress but forgot to note which way the middle disc of the piston faces. Looks like the middle disk edges dish towards the bottom of the bowl. Going by the coloration from the leather on the disc. Which seems odd because that edge would be digging into the inner corner of the leather that way.

Also should the new leather be soaked in mineral oil. Thats what the video on YouTube did. Theres only one vid I could find on this type hydrovac, its on a 1950 6400. ( I guess Chevy went from 7" to 9 1/2" in 1950 because mine is 7" and his is 9 1/2". His number was 374550 and mine is 374980.

many thanks


1949 Chevy 6400 two ton, 2 speed rear end, 235 engine, 13 foot hydraulic dump bed.