Phil,

This is interesting. I was assuming that the pivot on my engine was standard for all 216's, but there might be more than one design that was used!

I have attached your photo showing the pivot and bellcrank you are using...and a photo of the pivot and bellcrank that are on my engine.

Since mine were on the engine when I purchased it, along with the 1940 intake and exhaust manifolds, I assumed that they were also parts that originally were on a 216. But it looks to me that the pivot on your engine doesn't extend as far from the block as the one that I have does.

Perhaps someone will see the two attached photos and be able to tell us the origin and, maybe even part numbers for the pivot and bellcrank on your engine.
Attachments
Phak1's Pivot and Bellcrank, Marked Up.jpg (265.73 KB, 108 downloads)
Nick's Pivot and Bellcrank, Marked Up.jpg (251.98 KB, 107 downloads)


Nick
1940 KC Model 1/2 Ton Pickup Project
(with '37-'39 Bed and what we think is a '42-'46 Frame)
Taos, New Mexico