No, I didn’t have to modify anything. I purchased from a fellow member, a complete 216 linkage, original to the ‘52 truck, from the carb to the gas pedal. The 216 linkage solved all of the issues with changing to a 235. The only thing I did was move the pivot forward. I believe the bell crank is the real issue. The 216 bell crank changes the rod angle to 90°. The 235 bell crank is a different angle.
When I bought my truck, the ‘59 235 was already installed with the original linkage that came with the 235, modified to make it “sort” of work. When the bell crank was at full throttle, it reached an over center position and would stick slightly, a condition I didn’t want to experience at full throttle and needed to be corrected.
I know many other ‘bolters adapted the 235 linkage to an AD truck, but you’ll have to modify several of its components.
I’ve included a few before and after photo to show the issue and solution.
Last edited by Phak1; 12/23/202512:45 PM. Reason: Added info
Phil Moderator, The Engine Shop, Interiors and Project Journals
1952 Chevrolet 3100, Three on the Tree, 4:11 torque tube Updated to: ‘59 235 w/hydraulic lifters, 12v w/alternator, HEI, PCV and Power front Disc Brakes Project Journals Stovebolt Gallery Forum