GM used the same block for the 230 as they did for the 250, so I doubt its as strong as the 292. 292 came in all sizes of trucks, never in cars. Stick with the 292.
I agree with you. I have been told the 250 is 200 lbs. lighter than the 235 and the 292 is 150 lbs. lighter. I have a 235, 250, and 292 short blocks I could weigh. Now I'll have to. That 50 lbs is not being made up in .595 of extra cylinder wall. I think I will send him 3 292's. I can probably fit 3 on a 4'x4' pallet or crate. One crappy one to cut up. A good 292 and my Mexican 292 and he can sonic check them. He can tell me if the Mexican block is actually thicker. He also wants to check for "core shift" in the casting. I may be stating that wrong. The extra deck height will help my valve train geometry.