Hi John,

I have a Millermatic 251, which has infinitely adjustable voltage control. It is also digital, so you can dial in the exact setting you want. I like this type of adjustment particularly when welding thin metal.

Do a google search for Robert Craig's book about MIG welding parameters. I can't remember the exact name of the book. He has some VERY good tips and techniques for getting the most out of your MIG welder. I will do some looking for the book--I may have lent it to a friend but I should be able to lay my hands on it in a day of two.

BTW I was in your part of the world the first weekend in February. I took a big vanload of 11 junior high kids to a youth church rally held at Cavalry Christian Church in Belleview (?) We had 26 in our entire group and that is a LOT of kids to keep track of, so I didn't get a chance to even give you a call. I will try harder next time.

CARL


Remember 9-11-01--God Bless the USA
JUSTICE, not REVENGE, will prevail

1951 Chevy 1/2-ton Pickup truck