Here in town I go to the local concrete mixing folks. They sell it in 100 pound bags. The bags have Blasting Sand written on the outside. Cost here is just under $6 including tax for 100 lbs.We just blasted a chassis with it last Saturday and it works good. We used a small pressurized tank and my 7 hp 80gal tank compressor ran but it would catch up ocassionally and it got to rest while we refilled the tank! Mine is a 7hp 175 psi, 17.9CFM Craftsman Professional. 800 bucks 4 years ago and had given no trouble and I use it a lot...bead cabinet, blasting etc.....best to shop around on the compressor. The really good ones are expensive but there are some that do as good a job and doesn't cost as much. Buy as BIG as you can afford is a good rule of thumb.
Oh, I had bought a nice hood for blasting a while back from Eastwood. It is nice but still need to wear some type respirator even under a hood. Take no chances on health.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile