I know, I know. Have I taken a wrong turn at Albuquerque? But I swear I belong here. My son and I are starting the restoration and modification of a 1954 Prevost intercity bus. Built in Quebec, Canada and sold out into British Columbia in 1954.

I was losing hope of finding any sort of mechanical documentation or any information at all on this thing until I realized that this thing is just an aluminum body sat down on top of a 1-1/2 Chevy/GM chassis and drivetrain. Then all the pieces started to fall into place. 235 engine, the 10-7.25 wheels, etc. I think the steering and linkage is like one of the COE trucks.

I've already found so much info on these forums and site that I'm feeling a lot more confident in our "little" project. I'll post a picture here but I'll put more in the other threads as we go.

Currently we've had to free up a seized front hub and drum. But that's done and we've got the engine firing and running a bit but fuel supply is an issue so I am going to attempt a carb rebuild of the Rochester BC 1bbl this weekend.

Anyways, hope you all don't mind a Big Bolt with a disguise on. I look forward to being a part of this community.
Attachments
PrevostBigBolt.jpg (182.08 KB, 232 downloads)

Last edited by Peggy M; 10/24/2025 10:09 PM.

Fernie Fat Tony
1954 Prevost Bus on Chevy Big Bolt chassis, engine and driveline.
A Big Bolt in disguise.
Follow the story in Big Bolts