| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,087 Posts1,056,340 Members48,442 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Mar 2020 Posts: 261 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2020 Posts: 261 | Concidentally I just knocked them out of my 49 3600 this weekend (with a 53 axle under it as it turns out).
I have a ten ton press but because the thing is so awkward I just tried my u-joint press and a slight touch of the oxy acetylene, I'm not talking colour change here just warm it up - and they started moving.
I haven't reinstalled mine yet, just cleaned and painted everything.
Yes the bushings need to be reamed I used an adjustable reamer; I do have a lathe to make alignment bushings but the one it came with worked great. Can only take a very small amount of metal off at a time which is really a good thing, but it takes a "few minutes"
1949 Chevrolet 3/4 Ton - Still Solid. Regular Driver OT Vehicles: 1925 Hudson Brougham Super Six 1950 Chevrolet Styline (Parts) 1952 Canuck Pontiac Sedan Delivery (Well Underway) 1973 F250 4x4 Highboy 1977 F250 4x4 Lowboy
| | |
| |
| |