Just wondering why for the five years I've been on Stovebolt and trying to figure out why my truck wanders on the road. I always thought it was possibly because it had to do with a steering box issue. When it actually was a problem with a caster shims issue instead. Well if your truck doesn't have them under your front leaf springs and no one tells you they should be there. Because they are supposed to be there per the parts listed for your truck. How would I know to ask about them.

I wish someone would have said, so your truck wanders down the road. You should check to see if your caster shims are under your front leaf springs. I would have said, nope there aren't any.
It would have solved a lot of white knuckling rides down the road.

Sorry, this wasn't supposed to sound like a rant. I'm not upset. I'm just happy to have stumbled on the information I needed.

Elmo

Last edited by Gdads51; 03/29/2025 2:49 AM. Reason: update title