| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,077 Posts1,056,280 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Dec 2013 Posts: 224 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Dec 2013 Posts: 224 | Thanks for all the tips guys.
My truck is a ‘47 AD. I think it was an early “hybrid.” Parts scavenged from many vehicles over the years! The innards of my wheel aren’t the same as rage Bins photos. Inhave a flat plate and no prongs on the conical insert. I’m thinking perhaps this was left over parts from the Art Deco model ‘46.
I did find an article and picture that resembled what I have. Went to Ace and got a temporary spring and played with the parts until I goy it to work. Seems I found the horn button seems to “rock” due to the spring leading to the horn working. I have ordered a spring but from a ‘46/model for a better fit.
Bottom line is....it works! Even though I may have jerry-rigged I! Just have to tweak it I guess.
Thanks for all your help!!!!! | | |
| |
| |