| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
9 members (Steelonsteel, Robert Crandall, Charles in CA, JW51, mick53, Gdads51, tclederman, Wayne67vert, 1 invisible),
117
guests, and
0
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,109 Posts1,056,267 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Mar 2014 Posts: 4,499 Moderator, Electrical Bay | | Moderator, Electrical Bay Joined: Mar 2014 Posts: 4,499 | I have avoided these as from what I've been told you can expect a generous serving of smoke/mirrors a la P.T. Barnum. As for problems, friends have told me these things went wrong for them: flywheel teeth ruined, starter overheated, starter wore out quickly (especially starter gear...which left them stranded) and overheated and intermittent operation. So, on a basic inline Chevy 6? I'd say no way but others may have other ideas. I categorize them as the Pertronix of starters and like Pertronix I am not interested.
~ Jon 1952 1/2 ton with 1959 235 | T5 with 3.07 rear end
| | |
| |
| |