I would wait until I had a frame before I would weld the floor supports in place. That way you can place the cab on the frame to ensure that the holes in the floor and hoes in the cab support matched the holes in the frame.
You can secure the floor supports to where you believe they should go with a few small self tapping screws for a test fit.
52Carl, I took your advise. It required several hours of work to remove a body from one frame, and get it in the garage to mount my current project on. But it looks like it will be worth the work. Front left mounting hole in place now for body doesn't match the hole for the frame mount at all.
I do have a question though - the body is a panel and the frame is a genuine panel frame with the extra needed mounting spots. When I set the body on the frame several of the mounting bolts slid in, but two were about a half hole off. Note this frame isn't the one that is original to this body. Is this normal? And, if most of the holes line up is it acceptable to simply drill out the holes that are a little bit off. They are ones that go through the wood planks in the back of the panel.
Jay