Here are some photos of my shop that I waited 30 years to finally build.

I did the basic design and then had a structural engineer add his two cents worth for the glulam beam down the center, the footings and floor and the steel brackets and fasteners needed in the wall with the big doors. All that door doesn't leave enough wall to keep it from racking without the extra support.

The area over the low side has a floor in it with lighting and access via a set of pull down stairs. I managed to fill it up with 'good stuff' in a matter of days.

I did all of the wiring (including the service upgrade and feeder to the shop panel), insulation, drywall, painting and finishing work with the help of my wife, son and any one else looking for free beer. Funny how buddies stopped dropping by 'to see how I was doing' after I put them to work a couple of times. grin

Shop Pics


'38 Chevy 1-1/2 ton
'49 Chevy 1/2 ton
'54 Chevy 6400 2 ton
'55.2 GMC 3/4 ton
'56 GMC 1-ton

No Room Left in Shop