Boyo and Kool,
congratulations on the new shops.I know how you feel as I built a new 36x40 shop last fall. I still don't know why I waited so long to do this as I have wanted one forever. After I bought this c.o.e. I decided not to take off one bolt until it was setting in a shop at the house.I was given all the red iron and metal so all I had to buy was the concrete which we poured ourself and had a welder friend fit it up on the slab.One good idea he sugested was,we welded a 6" H beam down the center of the 12" steel beams and I have a trolly and 2 ton chain hoist that runs the entire 36' to back of shop.I put straps through cab of c.o.e. and put it off and on new chassie by myself.I have 16' eve height and thought it was to tall at first but now love it,if you have room don't think you can get to high.We used 4 ea 20' sky lights and most days you don't need any lights.The only stupid thing I did was not put any polly under concrete and I know better but ordered concrete and poured anyway.One thing done right was not let anything touch slab for 60 days then etched and painted floor with concrete paint.When you don't feel like working on truck you can sit in chair and drink coffee and kick your a** for not doing it 30 yrs earler.Anyway it's a good place for grandkids to ride bicycles and roller blade on.Would like to send pictures and when someone tells Kool how, maybe I can also learn.
ps. The floor paint works great,motor oil,hyd oil
etc wipes up easily and looks like a dealership floor...........J.D.Poole


It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.......