Originally Posted by cmayna
Goodness, I never drive my truck at night. Maybe it's time to check both headlight and taillights. Wonder if the bulb bracket was slightly tweaked causing the large bulb to point upwards a little too much.

Who knows what caused Hank's problem but I have experienced problems with modern bulbs and reproduction sockets on several of my vehicles. Some bulbs are not exactly the correct size - maybe just a hair too small - and they don't fit tightly in the original socket like they're supposed to.

I've also found some repop sockets to be made wrong as well causing the bulb not to fit correctly.


1950 Chevrolet 3100 (Ol' Roy)

1939 Packard Standard Eight Coupe (The Phantom) | 1956 Cadillac Coupe de Ville (The Bismarck) | 1964 Ford Galaxie 500 coupe |1966 Ford Mustang (Little Red) | 1969 Pontiac GTO (The Dishpit) I 1979 Ford F-100 | 1976 Ford F-150 (Big Red) | 1995 Ford F-150 (Newt)