As others have said, the crossmember/mount isn't needed. Here is what I learned: when I did this transmission swap, I just used the stock crossmember mount for the OEM three speed and redrilled the holes a bit to accomodate the T5. I used solid neoprene rubber to make the 1/4" cushion I needed and I discovered attaching the transmission to that crossmember only telegraphed more noise through the frame and into the cab. Plus I wasn't convinced it was a good idea from a basic geometric approach. So I just let it hang free and it is all fine that way. The AD frame relies on that transmission crossmember. The design is important, too as the C shaped frame needs flex. Please don't alter that...if things don't flex sometimes they crack. (assuming you're using it as a truck, that is) Good luck!


~ Jon
1952 1/2 ton with 1959 235 | T5 with 3.07 rear end