| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,117 Posts1,056,296 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Mar 2014 Posts: 4,499 Moderator, Electrical Bay | | Moderator, Electrical Bay Joined: Mar 2014 Posts: 4,499 | I guess I got lucky. I just installed mine using a clutch disc and pressure plate and throwout bearing that matched the Astro or Safari van from which Lugnutz got the transmission...11 inch and I already had an 11 inch flywheel from a wrecked 1953 Corvette so that all bolted right up with no alterations aside from reaming the metric mounting holes on the transmission a wee bit. The only two modifications I made were (1) I had to fabricate a new clutch rod because it needed to be a bit shorter to adjust the short throwout bearing correctly (2) I bought a custom-made 1.25 inch thick aluminum spacer to reduce the throw quite a bit...had to drill a new hole and move the pivot point upward on the lever piece. I used a common shifter rod that I was able to make fit the S-10 type stock shifter piece. Don't know if they still are but at that time they were sold by scads of people for about $25...just a common one-bend affair. Would be very easy to make. I believe all in all it cost me about $250 for the parts and resurfacing of the flywheel. I use a GPS speedometer I converted to look like the original and a 5 speed shift knob I bought on eBay. I had a driveshaft made for me by a company in San Antonio and I have a differential from a 1969 Chevy 1/2 ton pickup. Good luck!
~ Jon 1952 1/2 ton with 1959 235 | T5 with 3.07 rear end
| | |
| |
| |