Something I’d like to try but doubt I ever get around to:

Theoretical recipe for adjustable AD drag link:

* The ubiquitous and cheap Ford 11/16 tie rod ends in both LH and RH threads.

* Section of threaded tube from someone like Speedway.

* 7 degree taper tie rod reamer. (Might have as much money in this as you do the others parts combined)

It would take just a little more research to verify this would actually work. I believe there is enough meat in the steering arm. Definitely enough meat in the pitman arm. The thing that MIGHT make this harder than I think….is if either existing hole (once ball studs are removed) is too large at the small end for the taper of the Ford tie rod. A machine shop could always press a bushing so that it COULD be reamed to the right dimension.

(I ended up converting my 51 to the 53-55.1 drag link. Not because it was ideal, I just had the part to make it work)

Last edited by JW51; 10/12/2024 3:16 PM.

1951 3100