One of the shops I referred to here in Atlanta won't even attempt to align an antique car if there is any undue play anywhere in the system. It couldn't be done accurately in the first place and he isn't going to risk his reputation trying to make it "ok".

Niobrarafun, what is the condition of your steering and suspension system? When I installed new wheels and tires on my truck I was going to have it aligned. As it turned out, all of the original, unrestored parts were in such good shape, no alignment was needed.

I can let go of the wheel at speed and it tracks smoothly and straight. 8000 miles later the tires are worn perfectly evenly from side to side. It's actually quite amazing. Maybe you'll have similar luck.


1950 Chevrolet 3100 (Ol' Roy)

1939 Packard Standard Eight Coupe (The Phantom) | 1956 Cadillac Coupe de Ville (The Bismarck) | 1964 Ford Galaxie 500 coupe |1966 Ford Mustang (Little Red) | 1969 Pontiac GTO (The Dishpit) I 1979 Ford F-100 | 1976 Ford F-150 (Big Red) | 1995 Ford F-150 (Newt)