"For accuracy? The problem is you need a level measurement at the center of your wheels on the front and rear. Your oil pan and things like your drag link will get in the way."

Jon, the tram bars we used for decades to measure toe back when lasers were the stuff of science fiction (Buck Rogers' ray gun, etc.) work just as well now as they did back then. They had a support bar that sat on the floor, and extendable measuring pointers that could be adjusted to spindle height. I've still got a whole system like that, including portable turn plates, magnetic caster/camber gauges, and a tram bar for toe measurements. All I need is a level shop floor. I think I gave something like $300.00 for the whole setup.
Jerry


"It is better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and eliminate all doubt!" - Abraham Lincoln
Cringe and wail in fear, Eloi- - - - -we Morlocks are on the hunt!
There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. - Ernest Hemingway
Love your enemies and drive 'em nuts!