This post is an FYI for those of you who have experienced problems with the windshield leaking after installation. The "standard" easy to flow, non hardening sealant that was always recommended , 3M 08509 Bedding and Glazing Compound is no longer made or available from 3M. Yeah, I called them and got my answer. So now the recommended sealant is CRL 7708 , made by CR Laurence Company. ( crlaurence.com or usalum.com ) and that is what I used over the weekend to "seal" the new window and Steel Rubber windshield seal.
So, let me tell you that it works. I purchased a Red Devil Extreme caulk gun with a 26:1 thrust ratio to use because my grip isn't as strong as it used to be. I masked off the area around the windshield and can tell you you'd be better off to use masking paper and cover everything around the windshield back about 2-3 feet because the stuff is very "stringy" when your doing cleanup or removing the masking tape. Its a good idea to actually have a rag and keep it close to the tape as you pull it off. It'll make sense once you start removing the tape.
Back to application - I cut the end off of the applicator nozzle so it has just a bit over 1/8" hole. The material is "runny" . I used popsicle sticks to create openings to help with getting the "nozzle" in behind the edge of the windshield seal and down to the ribbed area of the seal. I started in the middle of the seal at the top of the cab and pulled caulk gun back to the outside and then down around the corners and to the bottom of the windshield. I did this for both sides. You'll need to keep one finger pressing down on the applicator tip to keep it from popping out, just keep squeezing and moving along and you'll get it done.
You'll make a mess, but it cleans up easily with dry rags to start and then finish up with rags and mineral spirits. You can wrap paper towels or a cloth around those popsicle sticks and help get down into the crevices to remove the excess sealant. The mineral spirits won't damage the paint and it works very well. So there you go, it's doable. I wrote this not so short post because I put this task off for months, dreading the thought of it and just wanted to help any fellow procrastinators.