I think this would make sense, cause the VIN plate does not look factory to me, so maybe they used a VIN number from something else? I have a 1946 GMC truck that I'm wanting to restore that was my Great Grandfathers which he bought in 1947 and the VIN plate on it is definitely factory. There may be differences in the US built and Canadian built trucks though, my GM is a Canadian built truck. My 46 is a factory 1 ton 9ft express box same as this 41 Chevrolet I just picked up, I should note that I did purchase this 41 Chevy from the US. I'll attach a picture of the factory 46 VIN plate and the one on my 41.
Attachments
1946 GMC VIN Plate.jpg (383.31 KB, 77 downloads)
1941 Chevrolet VIN Plate.jpg (214.47 KB, 77 downloads)

Last edited by FarNorth; 08/22/2024 3:47 PM.

1946 GMC 1 Ton
1984 GMC 1/2 Ton
1996 Dodge 1/2 Ton
2014 Chevy 1/2 Ton
2020 Ram 1 Ton Cummins