Hi Everyone
I'm new to the forum, so forgive transgressions. I have (I believe) a 1949 GMC 3/4t in original condition (basically, rust, bondo, etc), so I guess it has a 228, but I can't find block casting numbers to confirm. All I can see are:
"GM", and "48" in a circle by the distributer. I also have a 60 chev 1/2t I was going to use for some engine parts. The casting number shows it as a 1962-78 230-250, according to Inliners. It has a Clifford 2bbl intake, headers, and HEI distributer. Will any of these parts swap to the 228 with just a little wrench-bending?

Thanks


Current fleet (subject to change w/o notice)
\'49 GMC 3/4-Ton , 60 Austin Healey Frog-eye Sprite (some assembly required), 2011 Dodge Avenger, 2015 Jeep Cherokee. No, they don't all run.
My other ride is a (B737)no, (B767)no, A320.... Update... was Embraer E190, now Boeing B787.

Knowledge is a wonderful thing, but ignorance means you don't know you can't do something.