Thanks for the replies, all and TexasJim50 thanks for the offer! I am looking around the end for the dowel pins and don't see any spot where they could be. Is it possible they arent there?? I have attached pics. Thanks Again everyone!!
Otto50 - Awesome Truck!!! I'm the proud owner of my grandfathers truck too, but mine doesn't look anything like yours. To answer your question "Is it possible they aren't there??", that would be - Yes. Below is a snapshot of the torque tube with doweled bushings for 1948-49 and some
early 1950 1/2 tons from the Shop Manual. The Shop manual says for the 1950-51 "Replacement" instructions that those bushings are a "press fit" and weren't doweled/staked to the tube. It does mention that if your replacement bushings (Okie bushing in your case) aren't a tight fit, you can secure it in place using the dowel/stake method for earlier torque tubes.