I looked at some, and they could be good for a complete drive train swap, generally narrower axles than most trucks, which will help for an AD.

Personally, I would not use one, it's hard to explain why, but basically because they are imported and look like it. Also, they are not real powerful considering the effort involved for a conversion, really nothing special.

They would probably make a reasonably useful conversion, but again nothing spectacular.
If you really like the Japanese diesels I say go for it, but don't do a conversion you are not really excited about. It's a lot of work, so spend your time and money on something you will really like when done.

Grigg


•1951 GMC 250 in the Project Journals
•1948 Chevrolet 6400 - Detroit Diesel 4-53T - Roadranger 10 speed overdrive - 4 wheel disc brakes
•1952 Chevrolet 3800 pickup
---All pictures---
"First, get a clear notion of what you desire to accomplish, and then in all probability you will succeed in doing it..." -Henry Maudslay-