Concur with Jerry. Are these triple axles "Mobile Home" axles (single wheels) or dual wheels? And what kind of load are we talking? Tractors and backhoes run a wide range of weights. We have a tri-axle trailer at work that's a pintle hitch, 25-ton capacity and it is air brakes on all three axles. Our backhoes run about 15,000 lbs and we (me!) only move them on air-brake equipped trailers. All 3 of our backhoes are Case 590 Super L's and I don't like moving them on pintle trailers. I prefer using the 18-wheeler. Speaking of tri-axle trailers ... My favorite trailer to use is a 50-ton capacity Removeable Gooseneck trailer I use to move our heavy equipment smile

If your trailer is a shop-built unit on mobile home axles ...

You might want to check out this thread on a different forum

Bottom line: Your brake controller should have come with wiring instructions. If it didn't, you should be able to get a model number off it and find it on line.

I put a hitch and an electric brake controller on my '65 GMC 4400. It was pretty straight forward. But it was a smallish car hauler trailer rated for 7,000 lbs. And brakes on only one axle. Braking with that kind of set up was iffy in some situations and I have since upgraded to an aluminum trailer with 5,000 lb axles and e-brakes on both axles.
Attachments
DSC_0066.JPG (380.27 KB, 136 downloads)
John's old trailer ...
new trailer.jpg (320.93 KB, 135 downloads)
John's new trailer
20220727_160237.jpg (733.18 KB, 135 downloads)
John's favorite trailer ... :)


~ John

A kid raised on Hotwheels, Matchbox and Tonka cannot be reasonably expected to own only one vehicle as an adult.

1949 Chevrolet 3804
In the Legacy Gallery | In the Gallery Forum
1973 IH 1310 Dump
1963 Kaiser M38A1
2001 International/AmTran RE3000 "Skoolie"
2014 Ford E-350 4x4 (Quigley)