I bought a reprint Operator's manual for 1951 and it says that all the keys are the same, and that two hexagonal head keys are provide with the truck. A lot can happen in 70+ years. My truck had an aftermarket style ignition switch, but I managed to get an original style switch and re-keyed it to match the door lock, which I assume was original. But the glove box lock was totally different. Not surprising it had been replaced as the glove box door was pretty beat up. I'm going to settle for a different glove box key, if I ever decide it needs to be locked.

Derail77, I'm happy to hear you got your key issue fixed up.
The lady was probably right confirming the cut numbers. wink
She doesn't believe that saying that "everything you see on the internet is right", but here on Stovebolt, you can count on us giving you the straight scoop. thumbs_up


Kevin
1951 Chevy 3100 work truck
Follow this saga in Project Journal
Photos
1929 Ford pickup restored from the ground up. | 1929 Ford Special Coupe (First car)
Busting rust since the mid-60's
If you're smart enough to take it apart, you darn well better be smart enough to put it back together.