Joe,

Personally I would NOT install 7" rims on the truck unless you're building a hot rod.

You want tall and skinny tires to make it easy to drive. My truck had those awful looking 15"x7" rims shown above on it and it was nearly impossible to steer. I installed 6" rims but would purchase 5" rims if I had to do it over again.

The 6" rims do allow for a greater variety of tire size choices but 16x5 would still allow the installation of 225x85R16 tires which closely approximate the original size tires.

The Wheelsmith rims I purchased are 16x6 with 3.5" backspace


1950 Chevrolet 3100 (Ol' Roy)

1939 Packard Standard Eight Coupe (The Phantom) | 1956 Cadillac Coupe de Ville (The Bismarck) | 1964 Ford Galaxie 500 coupe |1966 Ford Mustang (Little Red) | 1969 Pontiac GTO (The Dishpit) I 1979 Ford F-100 | 1976 Ford F-150 (Big Red) | 1995 Ford F-150 (Newt)