Most of the big truck frames are straight rails 34" apart so you best bet is leave the frame and change the running gear, like Grigg did with his new F@rd. Your biggest stumbling block would be the front axle witch is narrow on our old trucks. I am not sure about getting as ambitious as Grigg in narrowing a front axle but if you are good he has proven it a viable option. I have been thinking about using a wider axle and having a good body man section my fenders if it can be done without changing the look of the truck. With my 56 I think the factory has widened the front of the heavier three axle trucks them selves. After studying pictures I have noticed the heaver three axle trucks to have a larger bulge to the front fenders. Anyway I think I can widen the front fenders and keep it very subtle and a wider front stance will be a plus in the handling department.


The difference between men and boys is the price of their toys.
Grant from Roy, Washington
1956 6100 Chevy Dump Truck in the Gallery
1964 GMC Drump Truck in the Gallery
user
http://s1301.photobucket.com/user/56Taskforce/slideshow/