Originally Posted by Tronman
I can't imagine the patience required to do a 600 mile road trip in a Model A.
Back in 1968, I participated in a Model A road trip from LA to Dallas, to New Orleans, to Kansas City, and back to California by way of Denver. We had 2 pickups and 6 guys (two riding in the back of my pickup fitted with a grapes of wrath canopy over the bed.) The ONLY issues we had were 15 (yes 15!!) flats on my truck, and a cracked clutch lever on the other one which was fixed by a quick trip to a junkyard (I think in Kansas.) Both trucks were mostly stock, although I had a Model C 4 cylinder engine in mine. We had absolutely NO issues with the stock electrical systems. Simple as dirt. We had a blast!


Kevin
1951 Chevy 3100 work truck
Follow this saga in Project Journal
Photos
1929 Ford pickup restored from the ground up. | 1929 Ford Special Coupe (First car)
Busting rust since the mid-60's
If you're smart enough to take it apart, you darn well better be smart enough to put it back together.