There’s a 1954 GMC 630 series (634-50-Z1153 = 183WB, 503 engine) in my uncle’s field that I was thinking about trying to fire up sometime just for the heck of it. No idea how long it’s been sitting but doesn’t look too bad and still has an antique plate on it.

Anything important to know before trying this? I have a fair amount of experience with old vehicles from owning two 55 Packards for a couple years and watching a bunch of VGG. thinking

Was planning to see if I can get a 6V battery from a recycler to use. I can charge it with a power supply. I know they offered these with a 12V conversion but I checked and this is 6V.

Here's some pictures. Odometer shows about 28k but it's hard to imagine that it's not rolled over.
Attachments
20220313_133225.jpg (318.75 KB, 242 downloads)
20230429_165131.jpg (345.04 KB, 240 downloads)

Last edited by hph; 01/01/2024 10:01 PM.

1955 Packard 400
1955 Packard Clipper Deluxe