I noticed that the FAM page you referenced has two different sealing materials called out, GM 3686628 around the glass and GM 3710409 between the seal and the body sheet metal. It would be interesting to know the equivalent for those GM part numbers. Also, the FAM stuff would be for 54 trucks with the one-piece windshield, which is what you have. I have the 2 piece windshield of course. I've read thru the instructions in the service manual, which only calls for 3M "Weatherstrip Adhesive" whatever that might be. I also have some 3M Urethane Windshield Sealant, which the local glass place uses. I'll have all the options open to me. I will post what happens when I get to that part.


Kevin
1951 Chevy 3100 work truck
Follow this saga in Project Journal
Photos
1929 Ford pickup restored from the ground up. | 1929 Ford Special Coupe (First car)
Busting rust since the mid-60's
If you're smart enough to take it apart, you darn well better be smart enough to put it back together.