Mine's not a '36, but I converted the parking light housings to dual filament bulb sockets and added wires for the turn signals along the original harness path from the dash area where I'll install a turn signal switch on the steering column. The stop light wires are already there, but I rerouted the brake light switch circuit back into the cab like the wiring diagram for the turn signal switch shows (Brake light switch - turn signal switch - brake lights.)
Or you can add separate turn lamps front and rear that are independent of the existing parking/tail-stop lamps. That takes a 4-wire turn signal switch versus the 7-wire arrangement I'm using.

Last edited by klhansen; 01/08/2024 12:05 AM. Reason: fat fingers

Kevin
1951 Chevy 3100 work truck
Follow this saga in Project Journal
Photos
1929 Ford pickup restored from the ground up. | 1929 Ford Special Coupe (First car)
Busting rust since the mid-60's
If you're smart enough to take it apart, you darn well better be smart enough to put it back together.