Working on swapping transmission on my 1954 3604 and I cannot get the dust cover to move forward / drop down to remove it. The motor mount has it pinched against the bell housing . I replaced the motor mounts a couple years ago and didn't notice an issue. What should I do? Loosen the front mount, loosen the rear mounts, jack the motor up to remove the dust cover? Then take a dremel tool to mount to remove rubber for clearance? Thought about taking a knife or other tool to remove material as it sits. Idea's ??
Attachments
IMG-5584.jpg (237.08 KB, 148 downloads)
Driver side mount to dust pan
IMG-5586.jpg (182.7 KB, 148 downloads)
Passenger side mount to dust pan
IMG-5588.jpg (311.56 KB, 148 downloads)
Top view mount passenger side
IMG-5589.jpg (250.64 KB, 148 downloads)
Top view mount driver side

Last edited by Dusty53; 12/16/2023 3:49 PM.

Ron - - Dusty53
1954 Chevy 3604
In the Gallery Forum
"You can't dance with the Devil and then wonder why you're still in Hell."
"They will forget what you've said, and they will forget what you have done but they will never forget the way you made them feel."