| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,133 Posts1,056,395 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Oct 2021 Posts: 6,831 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Oct 2021 Posts: 6,831 | That's funny. I asked the same question a couple years ago after installing a new tank and sending unit.
Mine also goes to the dot just below "F" when filled up to into the filler neck.
When my gauge first touches "E" I have determined that there is about 4-5 gallons left. I keep track of my fuel economy and mileage so I can estimate how far I can drive on a full tank of 18 gallons.
I always fill up when the needle get below the halfway mark.
1950 Chevrolet 3100 (Ol' Roy)
1939 Packard Standard Eight Coupe (The Phantom) | 1956 Cadillac Coupe de Ville (The Bismarck) | 1964 Ford Galaxie 500 coupe |1966 Ford Mustang (Little Red) | 1969 Pontiac GTO (The Dishpit) I 1979 Ford F-100 | 1976 Ford F-150 (Big Red) | 1995 Ford F-150 (Newt)
| | |
| |
| |