Bakerallen, have you tried any of those so called 'one-man' bleeders? I've seen some that look like they would work, kind of, but never tried on. I think the principle is that there is a check valve in a piece of tubing that runs into your transparent jar so you don't need to tighten the bleeder after every pump. That still leaves you with pumping the pedal and making sure that the master cylinder stays topped off.
I also read somewhere that expediency in manufacture sometimes means that the passenger's side rear isn't always the bleeder that is farthest from the master cylinder in terms of tubing length.
On a few occasions I've bled brake systems by bleeding the cylinder farthest from the master cylinder until I get steady clean fluid flow there, and then working back towards the master cylinder.
One thing I didn't think much about until I read the owner's manual for my 1990 BMW is that brake fluid absorbs water whenever it can, and the water eventually causes the lines, etc., to corrode, with predictable results. Part of the recommended annual service is that the brake lines be flushed completely.
Just a few thoughts, that I hope someone will find valuable.